Acne is a skin condition that happens when the follicles of your hair get clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It’s the cause of whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. Acne is most frequent among teenagers, although it may occur in individuals of any age.
Acne treatments are effective, but acne can be resistant. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and as one starts to fade, another can appear. Depending on its severity, acne may cause mental distress and physical scars. The sooner you begin treatment, the lesser your chance of such complications.
Where Does Acne Most Commonly Occur?
Facial, forehead, chest, shoulder and upper back acne are common. These areas have the most oil glands. Mild (occasional pimples), moderate (inflammatory papules), or severe acne might occur (nodules and cysts) in these areas. Acne treatments vary by severity. Taking good care of your skin regularly and investing in purifying facials can prevent an acne outbreak.
How Does SPA LUX Purifying Facial Help Eliminate Acne?
The SPA LUX Purifying Facial is a treatment that will remove congestion and leave the skin more refined. This facial will deep clean the pores and exfoliate the skin. Extractions help remove skin toxins and a shiatsu pressure massage helps the body rid itself of toxins from the skin. A mask that kills germs is applied at the end of the facial. Then high-frequency electrodes are utilized to speed up the healing process and prevent further outbreaks.
SPA LUX’s Purifying Facial can help you avoid outbreaks in the future. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us by phone at (918) 615-3339 or fill out our online appointment form.
What are the Benefits of a Purifying Facial to Your Skin?
Everyone has DIY skincare routines, but at SPA LUX, a specialist can help you better understand your skin’s needs while helping you de-stress and relax. Below are some more of the benefits of the purifying facial at SPA LUX:
1. Reduce Stress and Relieve Distress
According to research, facial massages activate your sympathetic nervous system, decrease anxiety and improve your mood. Your face contains hundreds of pressure points that react to massage. Professionals may stimulate these spots and work out your look for general health benefits.
2. Detoxify Your Skin
Professional facialists understand skin types and what must be done to preserve or enhance your skin. A facial can thoroughly cleanse your face deeper than home cures can.
3. Prevent Aging
Taking care of oneself becomes more vital as you become older. Proper skin care helps in cell regeneration and collagen formation. This may help prevent wrinkles and age spots while also making your skin look younger!
4. Treat Acne and Blemishes
Acne and acne scars affect almost everyone. Acne and other blemishes may be challenging to cure, but facials can help. Professionals like SPA LUX can advise you on the best remedies for your skin type to help decrease scarring and prevent future acne flare-ups.
5. Expert Care
Everyone has different goals for their skin, which inspires individualized approaches to skincare. Care, views and advice from experts may help you save money that you would have spent on numerous ways that did not work and ensure that problems are effectively addressed. Get the beautiful, radiant skin you’ve always wanted by getting an expert’s opinion and following their recommendations.
As soon as you are ready to treat yourself to the pampering you so richly deserve, book your appointment online or call us at (918) 615-3339.
Did you know that Tulsa offers many exciting options for a night out with your significant other? If you’re prepared to take your Tulsa date nights to the next level, look no further than this article. Take your significant other on a fun and memorable evening by combining the perfect blend of food, drink and relaxation.
Nothing is better than a multi-destination date night in the city. We recently talked with a SPA LUX customer who finished a couples massage and continued their date at The Boston Deli Grill & Market. This inspired us to visit the restaurant and check out their latest monthly dinner special.
Our beloved city, Tulsa, has developed into a booming destination for foodies and those used to the conveniences of large cities. A date night in Tulsa might now include a day at the spa, dinner at a local restaurant and much more. For anyone looking for a place to eat after a day at the spa, we recommend The Boston Deli Grill & Market. But first, let’s talk about couples massage options at SPA LUX.
SPA LUX’s Couples Massage
Couples massages are excellent for new couples and couples who have been together for years. They’re the perfect way to relax and enjoy some quality time with your partner. Whether you need the space to unplug or want to spend a romantic evening together, couples massages are the perfect way to unwind. With a variety of massage types and options, you can be sure to find a massage that meets your needs.
Couples Massage with Instructional Add-On
You can add an instructional session if you want to amp up your already great couples massage experience. It’s like having a private lesson from a massage therapist. Still, you get to enjoy the experience with your significant other. This is a great way to learn about different massage techniques and tips for giving a great massage. You’ll be able to bond with your partner as you learn to give each other a relaxing massage.
Some of the most popular massage techniques you can learn include Swedish massage, deep tissue, sports massage and a hot stone massage. These are great for all body types and can help with various health issues such as stress, anxiety, headaches and more.
Keep Your Date Going With Dinner at the Boston Deli Grill & Market
SPA LUX offers a variety of different skincare services—from facial peels to customized facial treatments. We also offer a service called dermaplaning, which works to remove excess dirt and dead skin cells from the surface of your face. Dermaplaning is a great and minimally invasive exfoliating procedure, which is why we put together this helpful article to give you more information on our dermaplaning service.
What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a procedure that exfoliates the skin by removing dead skin cells and light hairs. Performed by a licensed esthetician, dermaplaning uses a scalpel to carefully shave off the top-most layer of your skin. This process allows the younger and healthier skin underneath to come through, giving your face a refreshed look.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
There are many benefits to receiving a dermaplaning service:
- Your skin will look and feel refreshed. Throughout your day-to-day life, a lot of dirt and excess oils build up on your face. By removing this top layer, your skin will reveal a shinier, healthier glow.
- Minimize scarring and fine lines. Dermaplaning can minimize superficial acne scarring, uneven skin tone, and diminish the look of fine lines. We do recommend you wait until active breakouts subside before coming in for a dermaplaning appointment.
- Dermaplaning is a quick procedure and no post-treatment is required. Which means you can easily schedule a dermaplaning appointment during your lunch break or in-between errands.
- Product application is smoother. Because dermaplaning removes dirt and fine hairs from the surface of your skin, when you apply moisturizer or makeup, the product is able to penetrate deeper into your skin, making the application process much more seamless.
Dermaplaning vs. Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion is a skincare procedure that uses crystals and vacuum suction to exfoliate your skin. The vacuum suction loosens the skin cells on your face, which leaves your skin feeling smoother. However, dermaplaning is a much less invasive procedure than microdermabrasion. Dermaplaning also leaves your skin with a natural glow due to the removal of fine hairs—something microdermabrasion can’t do.
How do I take care of my skin after dermaplaning?
After your dermaplaning service, your esthetician will give you all the guidelines on how to take care of your face moving forward. One of the most important things we recommend after dermaplaning is the application of SPF to your skin. Because dermaplaning removes the top layer of your skin, your face is now more susceptible to sun damage. A light layer of SPF will help to protect it.
Dermaplaning results usually last up to three to four weeks. We recommend scheduling appointments monthly.
If you’re curious to try dermaplaning or just to learn more you can visit our website at www.SpaLux.org or book an appointment at (918) 615-3339.
Getting a facial is a great way to relax while receiving professional treatment on your skin. But if you’ve never gotten one before, getting a facial can seem daunting. What does a facial feel like? What products is my esthetician going to use? What kind of facial is best for my skin type? If you’re unsure about how to prepare for your first facial, then read on to learn more about this spa service and what to expect when you get one.
What are facials and why are they important?
A facial is a set of relaxing skin treatments performed on your face, your neck, and around your upper chest. They’re designed to rejuvenate your skin, removing any dead skin cells and ultimately giving your skin a newer and cleaner look. Facials are performed by a licensed esthetician, so you can rest assured knowing your skin is in good hands. Some estheticians are also trained in specific areas, such as microdermabrasion or light therapy, and can recommend these treatments to you as well.
What is included in a facial?
While this will depend on the type of package you’ve purchased, most facials typically consist of cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, massage, and a mask and finishing products tailored to your skin type. At SPA LUX, we also offer several add-on options, such as dermaplaning or facial peels. Our staff can help you decide which services will work best for you.
For most of our facial services, your esthetician will start by using a general cleanser to clean out the oil and dirt lingering on your skin. Exfoliation comes next—this process will remove the dead skin cells on your face, giving you a fresh new look. Extraction removes whiteheads and blackheads from your face, allowing skincare products to seep further into your skin. Your esthetician will then take care to apply products chosen specifically for your skin type.
How do I prepare for a facial?
Feel free to come in after work or in-between running errands. We provide robes and sandals for you to change into, as well as our steam and sauna rooms to help you relax before your treatment. Your esthetician will do the rest, so you can simply enjoy.
Are there different kinds of facials?
We offer a handful of different types of facials for whatever stage your skin might be at. A few of our most popular facials include, our Purifying Facial, which focuses on cleansing and detoxifying in order to improve the health of your skin; our Firming Anti-Aging Facial, ideal for leaving your skin fresh and hydrated; and our SPA LUX Signature Facial, which is customized to the needs of every individual customer. Make sure to check out our Facials webpage for more information.
How do I take care of my skin after a facial?
After your facial, your esthetician will give you all the information you need to know on how to take care of your skin moving forward. But we’ll lay out some of the basics for you now—
- Don’t use our steam and sauna rooms after your treatment.
- Don’t use any moisturizer or heavy foundation and makeup for the rest of the day.
- Your skin is good to go until the next morning—no need for any more extensive care.
We hope this gives you a little bit more peace of mind before you come in for your facial treatment. For more information about Spa Lux and the many facials we offer visit us at www.SpaLux.org. You can also book an appointment online or call us at (918) 615-3339.
SPA LUX cares about each client visiting our facility during the pandemic. We believe that no person should be exposed to an additional risk of exposure and probable transmission of any virus, especially the novel coronavirus.
Therefore, we have taken additional steps and measures to make our facility safe and comfortable. We ask our esteemed clientele to be understanding of all the changes that were implemented at the spa.
- 1) Until the next stage of easing of restrictions, we are providing services by appointment only. All appointments have to be requested on the phone, or online and confirmed with our staff prior to visiting the spa.
- 2 )Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide services to clients of 65 years of age or older. We also ask you to consult with your doctor if you have underlying health conditions if it is safe for you to visit public places.
- 3) When you arrive, you will be asked to maintain an appropriate distancing from other clients in the front area.
- 4) We will take the body temperature of all clients upon arrival.
- 5) We will ask the following questions: Have you had a cough? Have you had a fever in the past two weeks? Have you been around anyone who has been exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 in the past two weeks? Are you living with anyone who has been quarantined? Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide services in case of any positive answers.
- 6) The special rules of the Oklahoma Board of Cosmetology require us to close any areas in the spa where clients may come in contact with each other. Therefore, the changing areas with Saunas and steam rooms will be temporarily out of use. Clients will be able to use bathrooms only.
- 7) After the check-in process is complete, a therapist will greet the client and will take him/her to the treatment area directly.
- 8) Upon completion of the treatment, the client will be allowed to dress up and can leave the treatment room directly to the front desk for checking out.
- We also ask for your patience while the therapists may do additional disinfection of any area or equipment. There are many things that are unusual for us and may not be very convenient. However, all of them have one main goal – the safety of our esteemed clientele and the staff.
- 1 of 33
- next ›