Benefits of Visiting a Spa in the Summer
The summer is a perfect time to rejuvenate and relax. There is a lot of controversy when it comes to spas. Are they worth the time and money? In this fast paced day and age, most people are always on the go. It is a stressful world out there and most individuals don’t make time to get away. Contrary to a vacation or beach getaway, a trip to a spa is quick and very affordable.
Here are some reasons to visit the spa:
- De-stress. A massage is relaxing and soothing. Immerse yourself in a hot tub, sauna or steam room to wash-away the worries even for an hour or so.
- Get Healthy. Your massage therapist will be able to tell you parts of your body that are tense. In focusing on these areas, you can learn how to relax your muscles, get tips from the therapist on how to relax, eat nutritious food and suggestions for a healthy lifestyle.
- Mental Benefits. Whether you admit or not, a trip to the spa will readily relax you. It can stimulate you mentally and physically. It can even increase your confidence and self-esteem. A foot scrub can invigorate you. Therapeutic massages, facials, manicures and pedicures have psychological benefits.
- Detox. Detoxification is the process of purging toxins and excess fluids in the body. A detox can help eliminate bloating and water retention which will definitely make you feel great. Some spas offer juice fasting and colon cleansing.
- Feel and Look Young. Taking good care of your body and mind can help the aging process. A therapeutic massage can help you relax and a relaxed body translates to less stress. Facials, skin care and body treatments can help you look and feel young.
- Improve Blood Circulation and Manage Blood Pressure. Spa treatments such as hydrotherapy, massage and heat therapy can improve blood circulation and regulate blood pressure.
- Improve Flexibility and Breathing. There are spas that offer Thai Massage. This discipline can strengthen your respiratory system and improve your body’s flexibility and circulation.
- Manage Sleeping Patterns. A body and mind that are free from tension and stress will be able to cope well with any sleeping disorder.
- Management of Body Aches and Pains. Massages, hydrotherapy and heat therapy can help lessen pain. There are medical spas that offer therapeutic programs to address arthritis, back pain and nerve disorders.
A trip to a spa definitely has its health advantages. Book your appointment today!!!
Spa Lux Day Spa
8922 South Memorial Drive, Suite “B”, Tulsa, OK 74133