Ahhh…spring is here! You’re ready, but is your skin prepared? The winter months can be harsh, but spring is the time to show off a fresh, healthy complexion. Read on to learn how to get your skin ready for the sun!
- Spring clean your cosmetic drawer. Skin care and cosmetics tend to have a shelf life of about 24 months (or less if it’s organic). After that, they lose effectiveness, collect bacteria, and can irritate your skin. Anything with an SPF or Salicylic Acid should have an expiration date on the bottle. Toss anything you’ve had over 2 years, and treat yourself to fresh products for spring!
- Invest in a moisturizer that contains at least an SPF 15! Being outdoors feels great, but the sun can cause sun spots and wrinkles (that may not show up until years later). We even get sun damage while driving in our cars! Bonus points if you find one with a tint that matches your skin…these 3-in-1 products save time and money, allowing you less fuss in the morning!
- Exfoliate your face AND body! Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, revealing a smoother, healthier, more even skin tone. For the body, you can make your own scrub using 1 cup of oil (like olive oil, peach kernel oil, or your favorite essential oil), 8 cups of sugar, and 1 avocado (for moisture). For the face, it’s best to purchase an exfoliant from a grocery or department store. After just 1 treatment, you’ll be ready to show off your fresh, spring skin!
- Treat puffy eyes with an at-home remedy! Unfortunately, spring can bring allergies that cause the eye area to suffer. Perk your skin up by applying cold cucumber slices to the eyes, or place a wet cloth in the fridge for a few hours and lay it over your skin.
- Take advantage of all of the great fruits that spring gives us! Berries and citrus fruits are easy to find this time of year, and they’re full of beneficial antioxidants. This helps revitalize your skin, and is great for the body in general! You can even crush 1 cup of fruit with 1/4 cup of cornstarch and make a facial mask.
To view full article, visit http://www.ehow.com/how_4870863_skin-ready-spring.html
For more information about getting your skin ready for Spring, visit SpaLux.org or call (918) 615-3339.